November 02, 2010

Rest In Peace Uncle Johnny!!

JOHN KULKUS

John Nick Kulkus 1951 ~ 2010 On the beautiful morning of October 21, 2010, John passed on to his next existence. A man of strong will and determination, he chose to take the next step in his journey. He went with God and may he be in peace. May his reunion with love ones be sweet. Born to Greek immigrant parents Nick and Catherine Kulkus on February 27, 1951 in Midvale, UT. He grew up in a loving home and was proud of his Greek heritage. He came of age in the innocence and turbulence of the 50's and 60's. He was an Army vet of the Vietnam War. Graduate of Hillcrest High School and had an A.D. from the University of Maryland. He married Patti Godwin on November 5, 1977 at Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church. The marriage ended after 28 years but the friendship continued. John was the proud father of Robert and Thomas who blessed his life immeasurably. He wanted them to know of his love. John worked as a journeyman carpenter, always enjoying the hard work of building and creating. He loved the great outdoors and enjoyed fishing, hunting, trap and skeet shooting. John was strong, independent, generous, and had a wicked sense of humor that we will all miss. He was preceded in death by his parents. Surviving John are his sons Robert Kulkus and Thomas Kulkus, his former spouse Patti Kulkus, sister Vicki Kulkus (Bob Collins), brother Ernest Kulkus (Sandy), and former sister-in-law Kathy Hagen. He is also survived by his niece Danielle Lingwall, a.k.a. Pinky, nephews Rick Shane, Nico Koulurus, and Rich Hagen. The family would like to express appreciation to the many caregivers who were a part of his life for the past few years. We thank you for your compassion and care. Thanks also to the friends and neighbors who helped him along his way. John lived a simple life and wanted a simple transition. Cremation services entrusted to Premier Funeral Services. He wanted family and friends to get together to remember the good times. All friends and family are invited to celebrate his life on Saturday November 6, 2010 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Kulkus residence: 10876 Shady Dell Drive in Sandy. Online condolences at www.premierfuneral.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok so i dont know where to start this blog post off but as many of you know now my uncle who i was very close with lost his fight with cancer on Oct 21st 2010. He was the man i have always looked up to while growing up, he was the man for the longest time i told "i want you to give me away when i get married" i remember spending my weekends having sleep overs with my Uncle and Aunt in their lil apartment at Plum Tree, and always hearing how i ended up with my nickname Pinkey, cuz when i was born i was so tiny and from that point on i was his "pinky". i have so many memories of him being a Big part of my life he was the man i took to all the daddy daughter dances and i was so proud to take him and i will never forget the last daddy daughter dance we shared at my wedding last year. i know he is no longer in pain but its just so hard to think he is no longer with us. i know he accomplished one goal and that was to make to my wedding last year when the Doctors told him he wouldnt make it. he told me on Fathers day (2010) that he mooned his Dr. to prove him wrong that he was at my wedding. i honestly thought he was gonna hang on to meet his great Niece this December but i know now he has met her in Heaven and im sure he is telling her to give me a run for my money as she gets older, and that to me brings me comfort, he just needs to keep her put a lil longer. Rest in Peace Uncle Johnny your Pinky Loves YOU!!! there is so much i want to write about and im sure i might just add to this post as time goes by.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
since my uncle passed away my blood pressure started to hike up and i had a Dr appt and a NST that morning, needless to say i saw the DR after i heard the news and the Dr that i saw me that day was ready to put me on bed-rest right then and i told her "not today i need to be with my family", she agreed but wasnt happy and told me i had to come in monday and see my Dr, so come monday i started retaining water (gained 10 pounds in 4 days) and they found trace amounts of protein in my urine and the headaches where to much to handle and my BP was through the roof my Dr was worried about Toxciema, i was put on Bed rest cuz i coudldnt get my BP to go down, and my Dr. said baby girl could be here in a week the panic set in. i know most of it was the stress of losing my uncle and at first our goal was to keep her put till my mom got here On Nov 3rd, but as of now our goal is 37 weeks.. i go in twice a week for non stress tests and my BP has been perfect and my water weight has gone away too. so the bed rest must be working.
i had a Dr appt today and she checked me im not dilated or effaced, and the baby hasn't dropped all good signs that she might stay put till 37 weeks or longer. My Charlie puppy on the other hand has been by my side non stop.. so maybe he senses something they say they have that sense.. as long as my mom is here im ok with what happens.

No comments: