September 17, 2010

One Crazy Emotional Day

So this week has been busy, crazy and emotional. my week started off good then Tuesday came. Makinley has been a very active lil baby in my belly i mean i feel her move all day 20-30times a day i never really counted or kept track she moves in the morning, while I'm at work and right before bed.. but Tuesday she wasn't as active, and at first i thought nothing off it.. but by Tuesday afternoon i hadn't felt her a whole lot and i just assumed she was a tired lil girl. i came home and rested talked to my mom and added some items to my baby registry since I'm having my work baby shower on Saturday, with the thought that she will start moving when i lay down.. at about midnight after watching a movie and going to bed she really hadn't moved much i mean i kn ow I'm 2 1/2 mo away from my due date and they move less when they get bigger but i know shes not that big she still has room to move. i crawled in to bed and cried and prayed (and if you know me i don't pray that much just when i feel like its needed) and i felt it was needed i needed to feel my baby girl move around a lil but no dice.. i got up and got showered for work on Wednesday and went to work on my way to work i stopped at Mickey D's and got a large OJ since that gets babies moving, i drank the whole thing and went to work. at this point i hadn't felt her move since the day before and i wasn't sure at what point to worry.. i poked and prodded at my belly just waiting for any movement but nothing... about a hour later i felt a lil i mean a lil bump nothing like what i normally feel but i counted it and thought the most horrible thought "what if this was a lil death jerk" i mean i know that's a horrible thought but when Makinley moves or kick she goes for it.. this was nothing compared to her normal movement i mean i know when my baby girl is active shes a ACTIVE baby and i was starting to worry but not showing a lot at work. at about noon i thought ok i need more sugar, i went and bought a Pepsi and two chocolate Donuts and i ate them and drank that Pepsi and still no hard movement.. i felt a total of 3 lil bumps i mean lil bumps that make you wonder "was that her or not" but i counted those 3. at about 2 i went to lunch knowing she will get active once i sit and eat.... Nothing... so i sat there trying not to freak out that i haven't felt my baby girl move in about 24 hours.. at this point do i freak out or not? i made a post on my facebook page saying "haven't felt the baby move in 24 hours at what point should i worry" and the response was call your Dr. i mean after the OJ, Pepsi and two chocolate donuts this baby girl didn't budge... Ive learned Sugar does nothing to her... so i get back to work and call my OB and the receptionist says can you get here now. at that point the stress and the freak out sets in.. i work with AMAZING PEOPLE they told me to go so i did. i called my hubby and i was being pretty calm and said "I'm on my way to see Diane" and he was like "is everything ok" at that point i lost it.. i told him i don't know i haven't felt her move since yesterday he told me he would meet me there.. I love this man with all my heart and at that point i loved this lil girl with all i had and the thought that she wasn't gonna make it broke my heart .. i called my mom on the way and shes already on guard when i call here during my work hours she answers the phone "is everything ok" and i started crying again and told her i hadn't felt Makinley move since yesterday.. she told me its gonna be ok and that she is resting her lil tush in my HUMM HUMM and doesn't want to be bothered.. as much and i hoped that was true your mind goes every which way.. i hung up with her and did what i could on my drive up to LDS hospital, i pushed on my belly and blared the radio hoping to scare her and make her jerk but she wasn't budging... i get to Diane's office and Bart was right behind me as i got out of the car and saw my man i lost it all over again. the reality started setting in "omg i could lose this lil girl and i have waited so long for her" we got into the office and I'm trying to keep it together with in a few min Janell the nurse calls us back she weighs me and i am up 1 pound from Friday which at this point i didn't care, we went into the room and she took my BP a whooping 155/71 oops I'm a lil High but the stress had done that.. she handed me some Kleenex and said its gonna be ok... i so hopped she was right.. with in a few minutes Diane came in with the Doppler and told me i did the right thing by calling her cuz i would know most when this girl is active (mind you i have felt her move now 7 times while typing this).. so she starts feeling around to find baby and puts the Doppler on my left side that's where we have been lucky and found her heart Friday and a few other appts too, but nothing my heart sank and i started to cry she moved all over the left side and couldn't find anything then she moved to the right side and Found her heart beat i started to cry more cuz indeed my baby girl was alive.. THANK YOU GOD!!!! she told me she thought she might be breech and that's why i cant feel her move as much but she wanted to make sure she wasn't under stress and that i would have to go over to Maternal fetal medicine and get monitored to make sure she was ok.. so she called them and on our way out she told me I'm glad you called when you did, if you would of waited till tomorrow i would of been mad at you... i gave her a hug and went on my way.. we got to Maternal Fetal and i called my mom while i was waiting and told her " we have a heart beat but they are gonna monitor her and ill call you when that's done" i go back and meet Kathy the nurse who is gonna be monitoring our baby.. i get up in the funky chair and she looks at me and says "why did you wait so long to call? Next time do not wait this long, you call that morning" i didn't know if i was overreacting or not, or when to call honestly.. She does a ultra sound to measure my amniotic fluid then hooks me up to the heart monitor and contraction monitor within a couple minutes SHE MOVED Finally my baby girl moved and it was a movement i was used to i told Kathy " lil shit shes testing me already" she laughed and said "i have two girls and i hope shes is a good one for you" i fell in love with Kathy the nurse she was so sweet and mothering which made it easy to clam down which when she took my BP at this point i was down to 133/7o, much better than 20 minutes ago.. as I'm hooked up to the heart monitor I'm telling Bart that when you hear the sound of static that's her moving and low and behold she moved about 4 more times. her heart rate was 144bpm and they look for increase heart beats that tells them she is getting enough oxygen and she had about 2-3 peaks where her heart rate jumped to 155-157 then back down. after about a hour on the monitor Kathy comes back and tells me shes doing well her heart peaked like its supposed to and dropping back down to her baseline which is perfect, and my amniotic fluid is perfect too. and she felt good sending me home. and home i came, i felt at ease that my baby girl was ok but emotionally drained but she was ok and that's all i needed. i knew tomorrow id be back a the maternal fetal dept at IMC for my 3rd 20 week ultra sound and hoped that they would be able to see her heart this time and i knew id be able to see my baby girl on the screen and i couldn't wait.

No comments: