September 12, 2010

Saturday Sept 11th

I went to the Greek Festival with my Bestie Tillie.. Bart my sweet Hubby offered to take her 4 girls and the boys so we could go and have some adult girl time.. It was a good time we got there and the line for food wasn't to bad we waited for 44 minutes and i spent $15.50 just for my dinner i filled up my plate with pastitsio, souvlaki, dolmathes, yero, lemon rice & a tyropita and ate every last morsel.. and i so could of kept on eating... the salt lake Greek festival is the biggest festival west of the Mississippi and the biggest ethic festival in Utah.. gotta love my Greek Heritage!!! OPA.. or all the other Greek words that i have managed to remember.. the bad ones... lol Ska-to-lee (lil shit) Ska-ta (shit) Ski-le yeni-meni (son of a bitch) i can still remember a few others just here and there but wish i could remember it all .. when i was growing up i could understand greek when my Yia Yia talked to me in greek but after her second stroke and her having to relearn to talk her greek and english where all mumbled together so i lost what i had known..maybe one day ill see f i can find some tapes and get my greek back on track, ill learn greek before i learn spanish ANYDAY.. wish my Yia Yia was still around to cook up some greek grub i wish i could cook a lil better maybe after Baby Makinley gets here i can work on my greek cooking.
well i think thats a update of my weekend .. ill start updating my blog like i do my facebook.. so as of now im out im beat!!!

No comments: