August 29, 2010

Been a While again

Ok so its been a while since my last post.. i told myself that i would update more often now that we have a lil one on the way.. and i suck!! well here is my first of many updating blogs.... i would of started this weekend since i have been put on a weekend of bed rest but Friday Night my hard drive crashed.... so i lost all my pictures & Videos... the pictures i wasn't to worried about cuz i still have them on the SD cards cuz im to lazy to have them put on cd's so i own several SD cards. the Videos well they took forever to upload so ill slowly be working on them. luckily i started uploading most of them to Youtube (so my mom can see them) so i can add them to the blog YAY!!! so ill try and get my blog going..

so here goes... keep in mind this is coming from a pregnant girls memory and yeah it sucks... lol

April 1 2010- i found out i was preggo Carma kicked my ass on that day..(story in another blog below)

April 29 2010- my First appt with Diane i was 8 weeks pregnant we went in and did a ultrasound however we didnt bring the camera so its on my blackberry and the video is CRAP... thats ok you couldnt see much anyways but we did see a heart beating.. YAY

May 7 2010- Second appt with Diane i was now 9 weeks pregnant we brought the camera this time and she did another ultra sound.. the video is labeled "Peanuts first video".. watch closely at the beginning you can see legs move..
at this appt we talked with Diane about the testing that can be done i knew i wanted to know right away if this baby was gonna have downs r any other genetic issues as soon as i could, i personally needed to have that peace of mind of knowing either way, so we decided to do a CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling) heres a small definition of it-Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) is a prenatal test that detects chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome, as well as a host of other genetic disorders the main advantage of CVS over amniocentesis is that you can have it done earlier — generally between 11 and 12 weeks of pregnancy)

so after my appt i came home and made my appt for May 26th..

May 26th- 12 weeks pregnant i had my CVS done at IMC my mom was in town so she and Bart both came with me,
when it came to time for the procedure my mom B-lined for the door... Bart was a trooper i was expecting the CVS to hurt i mean hello they put a 6-7inch needle into your abdomen so i had the death grip on poor Barts hand expecting to feel the pain.... but i never felt pain. it was cool to watch them put that needle in my stomach and then get samples of my placenta. they test for Downs, CF, triosomy 18 & 19 and some other genetic issues and they can tell you the sex of your baby. so we opted to find out what we where having and would know in one week. while we were at my CVS the dr. did a ultrasound before and checked this lil baby out they were able to see the heart rate it was a mear 168 BPM, when i was told that i looked at my mom and lipped GIRL.... after my CVS i had my next appt with Diane so Bart went back to work and me and my mom drove downtown to LDS and met with Diane. with my extra weight on my tummy its hard for the Doppler to pick up a heartbeat so she did an ultra sound.. my mom recorded that one and its amaazing she is moving around and its so clear at 12 weeks.. (that one is called 12 week ultra sound)

June 2nd- 13 weeks pregnant one week after my CVS and i was at work my mom didnt think i would hear from Katie the genitic counselor at IMC cuz it was the memorial weekend but i knew deep down i would hear from her. so at about 10:50am i was at work and my cell rang it was Katie she began to tell my that our lil baby has the right amount of chromosomes no more no less , and that it tested negative for CF i was happy to hear these results then she asked me " did you want to know the sex" even though i knew deep down what it was.. and i said YES.. she told me "its a girl" i started to cry then she asked if i was ok i just told her Yes i just really wanted a girl and knew it was a girl.
after i talked to her i hung up told every one at work and then called my mom and told her "its a girl" and she has the right amount of Chromosomes, at first she was like "are you F*&%ing with me?" i told her no its a girl then she said YAHOO and I KNEW IT.. apparently my mom also knew she was gonna have a granddaughter Bob likes to call her a Witch. :) so after i call my mom i called Bart and told him "its a girl" .. sadly when he got home he asked me "so i guess everything else was ok?" ie: her chromosomes.. duh me... forgot to tell him she was perfect!!

From day one Bart knew as well it was girl he kept calling her Addison, i knew it was a girl too i felt it deep down i guess that was my first experience with "mothers intuition" but i never told any one that i knew it was a girl cuz boys run in the Lingwall side so i wasn't gonna get my hopes up until i was 100% sure.. Now i know its a girl and i will say this Dr. Shettles method WORKED FOR US.... we tried for a girl and we got one... now we had to decide on a name.. at first i was dead set on Addison Catherine, but then i heard the name McKinley and fell in love with that name (i think Bart still wants Addison) and now Addison is so popular, and i win so we are naming our baby girl Makinley Catherine (middle name after my Yai Yia).

Ok i feel bad for leaving off at this point but its getting to be my bedtime.. i promise to update more tomorrow.. ta ta for now Kisses ..

No comments: